Whether I am a little sceptical about the timeframe pointed out by Prevent Year Zero, it certainly doesn't look good out there and action is needed to prevent extinction. What can you do? Apart from some tips that you can find on the website of Prevent Year Zero, you could donate to causes such as the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), which helps:
- Ensure that the world’s most important fisheries and ocean ecosystems are productive and resilient and improve livelihoods and biodiversity;
- The most iconic and endangered species are secured and recovering in the wild;
- The integrity of our most important forests, including their benefits to human well-being, is enhanced and maintained;
- Freshwater ecosystems and flow regimes provide water for people and nature;
- A global shift toward a low carbon and climate resilient future is achieved;
- And that sustainable food systems conserve nature and maintain food security.